We are FoxWood Run Farm and McMaster Rock N’ Roll Custom Butchery. We are an integrity-food minded, local farm in Northern York County, PA. We have been pleased to offer direct-to-family goat meat since2019.
Our goats are raised on their natural diets, while supplementing them with locally sourced hay and locally sourced grains.
By ordering directly from your farmer, you eliminate the ‘middle-man.’ This saves you money, time and gives piece of mind that you are getting the freshest meat possible. We offer our own, on -farm abattoir for humane and hygienic processing, which you, the customer, can inspect at any time. This is our way of being as transparent about our process as possible.
Why Goat Meat?
Goat meat is the most popular of all variants of red meat consumed worldwide, it accounts for 65% of the total red meat consumed all over the world. Many countries in North Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia consume goat meat as a staple food choice.
Presence of quality proteins
- Goat meat is a rich source of proteins which helps in maintaining muscular health. The essential amino acid profile of goat meat resembles that of chicken, beef and pork. Since goat meat is lean meat, it provides all the essential amino acids without adding up unnecessary calories, unlike other sources of meat.
Low in calories
- The total calories associated with consumption of 100 g of goat meat are 122; whereas the same portion of chicken has 162 calories, beef 178 calories, and pork 180 calories. Therefore, consuming goat meat helps in regulating weight and prevents obesity. Goat meat also reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases that are associated with obesity.
Low level of cholesterol and saturated fats
- The total amount of cholesterol present in 100 gram of goat meat is less than 1 gram. Unlike other meats goat meat has low saturated fat and high unsaturated fat values. According to the Harvard School of Public Health consuming low cholesterol reduces the risk of developing heart disease, such as coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis. The consumption of unsaturated fats increases the level of HDL (good cholesterol) in blood, essential for a healthy heart.
Rich source of dietary potassium
- Goat meat is rich in dietary potassium; 100 g of goat meat has about 385 mg of potassium. The potassium content of goat meat is good for maintaining correct blood pressure. Potassium has a role in stabilizing heart rhythms too. Hence, it reduces the risk of developing rhythm disorders of the heart.
Rich source of dietary iron
- Goat meat is a red meat, which means that it has high myoglobin content. Meats rich in myoglobin offers a higher level of dietary iron and improve blood health. There are about 3 mg of dietary iron present in 100 g of goat meat. Goat meat can reduce the risk of developing iron deficiency anemia.
Presence of vitamin B12 and other micronutrients
- Goat meat has micronutrients, such as vitamin B12, selenium, and choline, which are powerful antioxidants that reduce the risk of developing cancers.
Hence, goat meat is a known source of lean protein. There are many health benefits associated with its consumption. Due to these factors, goat meat is gaining popularity in Europe and America too.